The Woolly Way of Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello - introducing myself

5 posters

Go down

Hello - introducing myself Empty Hello - introducing myself

Post  Ashar Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:06 am

Where is everyone? An Irish website, specifically for crafty people, and no-one gossiping on it?
So I will introduce myself and hopefully more people will too. I'm in the South-East (not too snowed in at the moment), most of my time is taken up as a craft teacher, so consequently I don't do as much personal crafting as I should. I am going to do a bit of reef crochet though. I saw an article about it several months ago - on the science/maths site -and I was fascinated and tried the hyperbolic crochet which is really very easy, so I will dig into my stash and see what I can produce Smile

Ashar

Back to top Go down

Hello - introducing myself Empty Re: Hello - introducing myself

Post  Stitchlily Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Ashar
Thank God, someone else finally said something! I have been chatting to myself here, for the last year.... I think most people are in Ravelry, but as it mostly deals with knitting and crochet, I though it would be good to have a forum for all kinds of textiles. But people have been very slow on the uptake. I suppose it could be a case of not another forum....

Anyway, welcome!

Stitchlily
Admin

http://www.stitchlily.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Jesty Sun May 02, 2010 1:31 am

Well
Hello I'm Mad Jesty
Returned to crocheting just before Christmas, love knitting also. Great to see an Irish forum though it looks to be a bit quite around here

Mad Jesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Woolly Way Fri May 28, 2010 1:56 am

Welcome to the Forum. Yes it is very quiet. Can't seem to get people interested. I was actually thinking of closing it, unless there is a bit more interest. I hate to think of it just sitting here neglected.

Woolly Way
Admin

http://www.woollyway.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashar Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Stichlily and Mad Jesty, we still seem to be talking to ourselves! I didn't make any hyperbolic crochet in the end - it kind of clashed with taking the house apart to instal a new heating system Smile but my DIL did some nice bits of reef and sent them off.

I have been keeping an eye on the website for any reasonably close exhibitions, some interesting ones in Cork but its just a bit too far for me at the moment. This is a great website for checking things out though.

Anyone passing through, please say hi, I'm off now to start another thread about books Very Happy

Ashar

Back to top Go down

Post  ladhrann Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Woolly Way wrote:Welcome to the Forum. Yes it is very quiet. Can't seem to get people interested. I was actually thinking of closing it, unless there is a bit more interest. I hate to think of it just sitting here neglected.

I do think there is a need for a source on textiles, trimmings, tailoring supplies and so on for the island of Ireland. The level of ignorance out there even with those in the trade on the state of Irish manufatcure of textiles is utterly abysmal. I can only urge you to keep the resource open and perhaps put a number of text directories on for suppliers etc. in Ireland for it to generate hits. There is no comprehensive list of craft supllies, proper dressmakers or proper tailors (I have done something here) for instance anywhere online.

Ní neart go chur le chéile

ladhrann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum